A Walk in the World of Pirates
The most famous pirates, buccaneers and corsairs in history are immortalized in this room. The legends and the stories surrounding their treasure; the myths and reality of them.
Who the true pirates were and what they were like.
- Hooks, wooden legs, eye patches – did they exist or are they merely a fantasy invented by Hollywood?
- When did the pirate flag come into existence?
- Who were Henry Morgan, Captain Kidd, Blackbeard and Sir Francis Drake?
- Did pirates exist in Uruguay?
- Who were the women pirates?
In this room, exhibits include old telescopes, blunderbusses, sabres, large chests, rudders, galleons, flags, myths, facts, stories and legends about the most famous ones.